[CentOS] Simple routing question

Tue Sep 4 21:00:51 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Tue, September 4, 2012 16:51, Les Mikesell wrote:

> That should happen directly without C's involvement if the netmask is
> 255.255.0.0 on A and B's eth1 interfaces.

It is not.  The netmask on those interfaces is 255.255.255.0.

>> Instead it goes to Eth0 on C where it dies as one would
>> expect.
>
> Why does C have both internet and LAN addresses on the same
> interfaces?

I am experimenting to see if this arrangement is workable.  I want to
know if it is possible to have two separate 192.168.x subnets on the
same network.  Why?  I do not have a purpose in mind.  I am just
checking out whether it can work or not.

If it is impossible then then I will discover why that is so, which I
think will be useful in itself.

Canada  L8E 3C3