[CentOS] Network issue in CentOS 6.3

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Sep 3 04:44:24 UTC 2012

On 09/03/2012 12:40 AM, Mail List wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just found an issue with CentOS 6.3. The network is getting inaccessible at times. The server has been installed with CentOS 6 and then package upgrade was performed.
>
> =
> [~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
> [~]#
> =
> =
> [~]# uname -r
> 2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.x86_64
> [~]#
> =
>
> The server is up for most of the time. But the next day when we check the server is inaccessible over network (through SSH). This happens often now.
>
> Do you have any suggestions? Is it a CentOS 6.3 bug?
>
> Regards
> Joby

Not much info to go on here.

Look in /var/log/messages, starting when you know the connection was up
until you knew it was down. Look for messages regarding the network,
drivers or anything else that might give you a clue.

If you want more specific help, you need to ask more complete questions.
What kind of hardware do you have? What is the network card plugged
into? If it's a managed switch, look at it's logs to see if it says
anything about the given port.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

--
Digimer