[CentOS] VLC Equivalent for CentOS 6.3 (SOLVED)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Sep 10 13:35:10 UTC 2012

On Sunday, September 09, 2012 09:55:56 PM Mark LaPierre wrote:
> I just installed the Fluendo DVD player.  Cost me $20.  Its playing
> Shrek right now.  Swaps to full screen and back without a hitch.

> http://www.fluendo.com/shop/product/fluendo-dvd-player/

While there have been a few legal DVD players for Linux over the years, to the best of my knowledge the Fluendo product is the only 'legal licensed fully paid up' one that still is fully supported by the developer.  Fluendo also has a legal MP3 decoder that is a no-cost download, and a full codec pack that has a small cost for fully legal gstreamer decode plugins.

The harder software packages to find for Linux in fully licensed and legal form are the encoders......