[CentOS] VLC Equivalent for CentOS 6.3 (SOLVED)

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Sep 11 02:37:06 UTC 2012

On 09/10/12 4:39 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> Where are all those people who use proprietary software that
> uses proprietary file formats going to go when the company they have
> been depending on decides to abandon their customers.

when that happens, the proprietary formats should die with the company
that created them.

anyways, we're dealing with a very specific situation here, the DVD
Forum, which was created by the electronics companies that make the
players, and the media companies that sell the DVDs, has refused to
allow an open source player even after DeCSS proved out futile the media
copy protection is.  If you buy a movie on DVD, you can't even make an
m4v copy to watch on your iphone

many linux users are quite adamant about only running open source code
on their systems.