[CentOS] postfix mail server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:01:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> also, postfix is a mail transfer agent, it doesn't implement the user
> reader side like IMAP or POP, it just transfers messages. another
> package, such as dovecot or cyrus, is used as a client agent for reading
> email via pop or imap protocols, and its in one of these packages that
> the email folder format is normally defined.

On the postfix side of things you can probably configure the mail
addresses controlling future deliveries to do whatever you want.
There are many options and the details will depend on what you have
and what you want.   Already-delivered mail messages are no longer
controlled by postfix.   There are programs to move messages from one
imap account to another if you need to move between servers or server
types.  Imapsync will do one account at a time, given the servers,
logins, and passwords.  I think the cyrus tools have something to move
all accounts.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com