[CentOS] Problems with logwatch under CentOS 6.3

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Wed Sep 12 09:35:33 UTC 2012

On 12/09/2012 08:19, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Last week I have migrated 5 CentoS 6.2 servers to CentOS 6.3. In all
> of them, I receive every day problems with logwatch:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/0logwatch:
>
> Can't exec "sendmail": No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/logwatch
> line 1040, <TESTFILE> line 1.
> Can't execute sendmail -t: No such file or directory
>
>   It is really strange, because I am using default config ... On the
> other side, I have three CentOS 6.2 servers and these problems doesn't
> appears ...
>
>   How can I debug this??
>
>   Thanks.
I had this problem on one of 18 Centos 6.x servers I have installed.

The particular server has had a large number of CPAN perl updates
applied to it.

In order to resolve the problem I added the following line to
/etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf

mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

My systems are using postfix.

--