[CentOS] Partition large disk

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 14 03:26:58 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

| Hi,
|
| I have a 24TB RAID6 disk with a GPT partition table on it. I need to
| partition it into 2 partitions one of 16TB and 1 of 8TB to put ext4
| filesystems on both. But I really need to do this remotely. ( if I
| can
| get to the site I could use gparted )
|
| Now fdisk doesn't understand GPT partition tables and pat

Is there any reason why you can't just use a whole disk LVM PV and then use LVM to create VGs and LVs of the required size?

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington