[CentOS] ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Fri Sep 14 21:48:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:21:29PM +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> No, it's not, sorry for the confusion. I meant to write "as soon as the
> server is reachable again"

I haven't seen lower level debugging, but I may have just missed it.

1) What happens if you run "telnet yourhost 22".
   (you might need to install "telnet" on your client machine)
   Do you see something like
     Trying 1.2.3.4...
     Connected to yourhost (1.2.3.4)
     Escape character is '^]'.
     SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3
   or do you see
   or do you see
     Trying 1.2.3.4...
     Connected to yourhost (1.2.3.4)
     Escape character is '^]'.
     Connection closed by foreign host.

2) How quickly does the "closed" occur?

3) What is the output of "ssh -v yourhost"

?

--

rgds
Stephen