[CentOS] flash plugin

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 14:51:00 EDT 2012


On 09/16/2012 02:37 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> How do I get a flash plugin to work with firefox?
> I thought that I installed it correctly,
> but I have yet to see any flash videos through firefox.
>
> I keep being told that I need an additional plugin.
> When I folow directions, I'm told I already have it?
> At least once, I was told I needed to upgrade.
>
> In case it helps, here is the output of
> yum provides '*flash*' | grep -e lash -e dobe -e repo /tmp/flash.txt |
> grep -v -e /src/ -e .png -e share | tee /tmp/flash.txt
>
> AdobeReader_deu-9.4.2-1.i486 : Adobe Reader - die ideale Anwendung, um
> Repo : adobe-linux-i386
> Other : libflashsupport.so
> Filename : /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libflashsupport.so
> AdobeReader_jpn-9.4.2-1.i486 : Adobe Reader は PDF
> Repo : adobe-linux-i386
> Other : libflashsupport.so
> Filename : /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libflashsupport.so
> AdobeReader_fra-9.4.2-1.i486 : Adobe Reader est une application permettant
> Repo : adobe-linux-i386
> Other : libflashsupport.so
> Filename : /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libflashsupport.so
> flash-plugin-11.2.202.238-release.i386 : Adobe Flash Player 11.2
> Repo : adobe-linux-i386
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 11.2.202.238-release
> Filename : /usr/bin/flash-player-properties
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Other : kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Filename : /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Other : flash-plugin = 11.2.202.238-release
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-flash-video)
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/luci/lib/flash2.pyo
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/luci/lib/flash2.py
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/luci/lib/flash2.pyc
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.i686.debug/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/scb2_flash.ko
>
> Other : kernel(nand_flash_ids) = 0x836bdb72
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.i686.debug/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/ts5500_flash.ko
>
> Other : kernel(wm8350_isink_set_flash) = 0x0d71652c
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/scb2_flash.ko
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.el6.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/ts5500_flash.ko
> Other : kernel(wm8350_isink_set_flash) = 0x762030f0
> Other : kernel(nand_flash_ids) = 0x836bdb72
> Filename : /usr/lib/pl-5.7.11/xpce-6.6.65/bitmaps/16x16/user_classflash.xpm
> Filename :
> /usr/lib/pl-5.7.11/xpce-6.6.65/bitmaps/16x16/builtin_classflash.xpm
> Filename : /usr/include/kde4/plasma/widgets/flashinglabel.h
> Filename :
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/twisted/web/woven/flashconduit.pyc
> Filename :
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/twisted/web/woven/flashconduit.py
> Filename :
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/twisted/web/woven/flashconduit.pyo
> python-webflash-0.1-0.2.a9.el6.noarch : Portable flash messages for WSGI
> apps
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/webflash/webflash.min.js
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/webflash/webflash.js
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/webflash
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/webflash/__init__.pyc
> Other : python-webflash = 0.1-0.2.a9.el6
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/webflash/__init__.py
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/webflash/__init__.pyo
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Filename : /usr/bin/ppmflash
> Other : libflashli.so
> Other : libflashli.so(UDK_3_0_0)
> Filename : /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.4/program/libflashli.so
> Filename : /usr/include/efi/protocol/piflash64.h
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tg/flash.pyo
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tg/flash.py
> Filename : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tg/flash.pyc
> Filename : /usr/lib/kde4/kipiplugin_flashexport.so
> Other : kipiplugin_flashexport.so
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/images
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/images/flash.gif
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/editor_plugin.js
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/langs/en.js
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/langs
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/jscripts/flash.js
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash
> Filename : /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/docs/plugin_flash.html
> Filename : /var/www/mambo/modules/mod_newsflash.xml
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/flash.htm
>
> Filename : /var/www/mambo/modules/mod_newsflash.php
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/css
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/css/content.css
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/css/flash.css
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/readme.txt
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/jscripts
>
> Filename :
> /var/www/mambo/mambots/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/flash/editor_plugin_src.js
>
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-flash-video)
> flash-plugin-10.2.153.1-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.2.153.1-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.2.153.1-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-flash-video)
> flash-plugin-10.3.181.26-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.181.26-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.181.26-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> flash-plugin-10.3.183.11-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.183.11-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.183.11-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> flash-plugin-10.3.183.19-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.183.19-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.183.19-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> flash-plugin-10.1.102.64-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.1.102.64-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.1.102.64-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> flash-plugin-10.3.183.5-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.183.5-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.183.5-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> flash-plugin-10.3.181.14-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.181.14-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.181.14-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(encoder-video/x-flash-video)(flvversion=1)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(decoder-video/x-flash-screen)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(decoder-application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(decoder-video/x-flash-video)(flvversion=1)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(decoder-video/x-vp6-flash)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(encoder-application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Other : gstreamer0.10(encoder-video/x-flash-screen)
> Other : libtool(/usr/lib/libvisual-0.4/morph/morph_flash.la)
> Filename : /usr/lib/libvisual-0.4/morph/morph_flash.so
> Other : morph_flash.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/libvisual-0.4/morph/morph_flash.la
> flash-plugin-10.3.181.22-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.181.22-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.181.22-0.1.el6.rf
> flash-plugin-10.3.183.10-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.183.10-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.183.10-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> flash-plugin-11.0.1.152-0.1.el6.rf.i686 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/bin/flash-player-properties
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 11.0.1.152-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Other : flash-plugin = 11.0.1.152-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Other : kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> flash-plugin-11.2.202.236-0.2.el6.rf.i686 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 11.2.202.236-0.2.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/bin/flash-player-properties
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 11.2.202.236-0.2.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Other : kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> flash-plugin-10.2.159.1-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.2.159.1-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.2.159.1-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> flash-plugin-10.1.102.65-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.1.102.65-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.1.102.65-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> flash-plugin-10.3.183.16-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.183.16-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.183.16-0.1.el6.rf
> flash-plugin-11.1.102.63-0.1.el6.rf.i686 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 11.1.102.63-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/bin/flash-player-properties
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Other : flash-plugin = 11.1.102.63-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> flash-plugin-10.3.183.15-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.3.183.15-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.3.183.15-0.1.el6.rf
> flash-plugin-11.2.202.236-0.1.el6.rf.i686 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/bin/flash-player-properties
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 11.2.202.236-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Other : kcm_adobe_flash_player.so
> Other : flash-plugin = 11.2.202.236-0.1.el6.rf
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> flash-plugin-10.2.152.27-0.1.el6.rf.i386 : Macromedia Flash Player
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin
> Other : flash-plugin(x86-32) = 10.2.152.27-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
> Other : flash-plugin = 10.2.152.27-0.1.el6.rf
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
> Filename : /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
> Other : libflashplayer.so
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Other : mimehandler(application/x-shockwave-flash)
> Other : kernel(nand_flash_ids) = 0x836bdb72
> Other : kernel(wm8350_isink_set_flash) = 0x762030f0
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.5.1.el6.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/scb2_flash.ko
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.5.1.el6.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/ts5500_flash.ko
>
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.1.1.el6.i686.debug/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/scb2_flash.ko
>
> Other : kernel(nand_flash_ids) = 0x836bdb72
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.1.1.el6.i686.debug/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/ts5500_flash.ko
>
> Other : kernel(wm8350_isink_set_flash) = 0x0d71652c
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.i686.debug/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/scb2_flash.ko
>
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.i686.debug/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/ts5500_flash.ko
>
> Other : kernel(wm8350_isink_set_flash) = 0x0d71652c
> Other : kernel(nand_flash_ids) = 0x836bdb72
> Other : kernel(nand_flash_ids) = 0x836bdb72
> Other : kernel(wm8350_isink_set_flash) = 0x762030f0
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/scb2_flash.ko
> Filename :
> /lib/modules/2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps/ts5500_flash.ko
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS at centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Have you tried this?
[mlapier at mushroom plugins]$ pwd
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
[mlapier at mushroom plugins]$ ll
total 352
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     39 Aug 29 22:20 libflashplayer.so -> 
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so


-- 
     _
    °v°
   /(_)\
    ^ ^  Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****


More information about the CentOS mailing list