[CentOS] directory /dev/disk/by-label

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Sep 17 12:22:26 UTC 2012

> Next question: what drive does the system see it as? You can try adding
> rdshell to the end of the kernel line in grub, which gives you a very
> rudimentary shell, and you can see what drive the *system* thinks it is.
> Bet it's not grub's (hd0,0).
>
>        mark
Mark

Ok I booted back up this morning with rdshell.
Was looking around and could really tell much.
What exactly am I looking for?
/dev/disk does not exist
I did not see anything disk related in /dev.
I tried to mount /dev/hda1 and /dev/sda1 and got errors on both.

dmesg gave be output but could not pipe through grep, I could redirect
to file but then did not know how to view the file by page in rdshell.

Thanks,

Jerry