[CentOS] Sendmail log entries

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Sep 20 15:07:25 UTC 2012

Recently we began seeing lots of these log entries on our off-site mx
smtp host.  I have googled this but I am not clear from what I have
read if this is something we can stop altogether or should even worry
about.

Comments?

Logwatch.  .  .

 SMTP SESSION, MESSAGE, OR RECIPIENT ERRORS

 WARNING!!!!  Possible Attack:
    Attempt from 104.Red-83-50-106.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net
[83.50.106.104] with:
       command=HELO/EHLO, count=3: 1 Time(s)

Canada  L8E 3C3