[CentOS] Atheros Communications Inc. AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet - ALMOST solved.

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Mon Sep 24 12:53:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Indeed, I am too impatient.

I found a sollution 10 minutes ago here :

http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=306

saying the package found at linuxfoundation.org cannot be compiled on
CentOs6 and providing another package.

Indeed I compiled it loaded it with :

#insmod alx.ko

and I have eth0 . I'm very relieved.
and I'm now looking at how to insert the alx module permantently ( after
reboot )

greetings, J.