[CentOS] /var/spool/mail ?

Markus Falb markus.falb at fasel.at
Tue Sep 25 10:25:57 UTC 2012

On 25.9.2012 12:02, Hadi Motamedi wrote:

> Dear All
> On my server , the /var/spool/mail/root is getting very big in size . To free up more space, can you please let me know how can I solve my problem ?
> Thank you

- grow the partition /var/spool/mail is on
- delete old mails
- forward mails instead of delivering locally (/etc/aliases)

If you take the 3rd approach, please promise not to ask what to do if
your personal mailbox is getting very big in size.

Assuming that some of this mails could be error messages, fix whatever
is causing mails to root, or you will have the same problem again.
--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb