[CentOS] 11TB ext4 filesystem - filesystem alternatives?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Sep 27 09:08:20 UTC 2012

On 09/27/12 1:52 AM, Nux! wrote:
> Never had to deal with such a large filesystem, yet, but I'd try XFS on
> it.

XFS is fairly memory intensive.    11TB file systems tend to mean
millions and millions of files.

frankly, I wouldn't run this on CentOS 5.6, I would upgrade to CentOS
6.latest and then I would use XFS....   support for EXT4 and XFS is
rather sketchy with the old kernel in 5.x (and why aren't you at 5.8 or
whatever is current in the 5 series anyways?!?)