[CentOS] Repartitioning issues - advice needed, and info.

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Apr 2 00:59:47 UTC 2013

On 4/1/2013 5:54 PM, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Not it is the /etc
> partition that is full every other day.  It is a 10GB partition and most of
> the data is in the mail spool directories.

the /etc directory A) shouldn't be a separate partition, it should be on
/ and B) should just contain system configuration files, in no way
should there be anything like mail spools in there.    the standard
place for mail spools is /var/spool/mail

the rest of your message was just a little too run on and too many
different things jammed together for me to want to make sense of.