[CentOS] Kickstart just create /boot, recommended swap and / with whatever is left.

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Apr 2 19:30:49 UTC 2013

Drew Weaver wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The default partitioning scheme appears to be:
>
> swap
> /boot
> / small amount of space
> /home remainder of space.
>
> Is there any way via kickstart to have it just create swap with the
> recommended size, /boot, and then just / with the remainder without
> manually specifying the names of the lvs/vgs etc?
>
> I figured there would be an autopart -atomic option but that doesn't seem
> to exist.

Where'd you get the kickstart?

You can certainly set it up any way you want, though a large /home seems
reasonable if you've only got one drive, unless you want /boot, swap, and
/.

Btw, the old received wisdom was that swap should be 2-2.5 times RAM; for
some years now, though, it's been just 2G, and leave it at that.

        mark