[CentOS] freenx not working with newly installed centos 6.4

Scot P. Floess sfloess at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 5 14:29:02 UTC 2013

Very welcome...

So, I just tried GNOME and sure enough it is -not- working for me
either...

I'm using CentOS 64 x86_64, NoMachine as a client and FreeNX on the
server.  KDE is working...

I am seeing this in /var/log/messages:

Apr  5 10:05:47 centos-host-0 gnome-session[5181]: WARNING: No required
applications specified

If you google for

gnome-session "no required applications specified"

You may see something that is related to the problem.  I'm pretty busy
today so don't have time to look into this (and don't really use GNOME
anyway)...

This may be of value (from the aforementioned google search):
http://www.mail-archive.com/blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org/msg13287.html

Flossy

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Natxo Asenjo wrote:

> thanks for your input
>
> --
> Groeten,
> natxo
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> All,
>>
>> As a side note, I just spun up a bare metal box and it is running FreeNX
>> just fine against KDE for me...  I hadn't tried GNOME - but seems to work
>> for me...
>>
>> On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> is it possible for someone to spin a new vm with centos 6.4 and the gnome
>>> desktop environment, then install freenx and nx and confirm that it works
>>> or that it does (or does not) work?
>>>
>>> That would be very helpful.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Groeten,