[CentOS] Touchpad doesn't work with C6, kernel-related...

Om Kulkarni

omskulkarni at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:07:32 UTC 2013

Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at ...> writes:

> On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 14:34:15 +0000
> Nux! <nux at ...> wrote:
> > On 24.03.2013 14:29, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > > The mainline kernel works beautifully, thanks!
> > >
> > > Now the only question is how does it coexist with the regular
> > > kernels? More precisely, when I do a "yum update", and there are
> > > new kernels available in the update, how will they be ordered
> > > in /boot/grub/grub.conf, and which one will be the default on a
> > > subsequent boot?
> > >
> > > I have enabled the elrepo-kernel repository, so both types of
> > > kernels will get updates. However, I want to boot only from the
> > > mainline kernels, never from the regular ones. How should I
> > > configure grub and/or yum, to make this stick?
> >
> > The 2 kernels will coexist peacefully. If you modify
> > /boot/grub/menu.lst to boot the elrepo kernel-ml it will remember to
> > boot the same kernel next time, after an update.
>
> Thanks for the info! I have already modified it to boot the ml kernel
> by default, but I was worried since the first installation of the ml
> kernel has left the original kernel as a default. But at this point, if
> yum will always do the Right Thing and make the current default stick to
> ml, then the issue is solved.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Best,
> Marko

Hello Marko,

I am facing a very similar problem as described in your post.
It seems your problem with the Alps touchpad has been resolved by using the
ml kernel.

I have done the same , but when using the ml kernel my laptop does is stuck
after the CentOS loading screen. For the old kernel it boots normally.

Did you face any such problem? Could you suggest what can be done ?

Regards,
Om