[CentOS] fail2ban problem

Nikos Gatsis - Qbit

ngatsis at qbit.gr
Wed Apr 10 10:06:54 UTC 2013

Hello list
I'm trying to setup fail2ban specially sasl action but I'm facing problems.
I have centos-release-5-9.el5.centos.1
and
fail2ban-0.8.7.1-1.el5.rf
installed
with selinux disabled

The errors I get are:
INFO   Creating new jail 'sasl-iptables'
fail2ban.comm   : WARNING Invalid command: ['add', 'sasl-iptables',
'polling']

I tried gemin against polling but I get the same error.
The strange thing is that if I enable ssh action, starts with no problem.
So it appears to be problem with sasl action, witch is:

[sasl-iptables]

enabled  = true
filter   = sasl
backend  = polling
action   = iptables-multiport[name=sasl,
port="imap,imaps,pop3,pop3s,smtp", protocol=tcp]
           sendmail-whois[name=sasl, dest=my at email]
logpath  = /var/log/maillog

The same setup I have in several mailserver (fedora and centos 6 distro)
and all work fine.

Does someone faced the same problem?

Thak you in advance.

--