[CentOS] floppy drives

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Thu Apr 11 13:28:52 UTC 2013

Note: the USB floppy may be showing up as /dev/sd[bcd...n]
At least that is what happened when I used one on RHEL/CentOS5 a while back.

I suggest unplugging the USB floppy, execute `ls /dev/sd* /dev/fd*`,
plug it in and execute `ls /dev/sd* /dev/fd*`, and then note the differences.

{there are probably hal/udev/inotify games you could do, but I like old fashioned things.}

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.