[CentOS] ATI video driver problems

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Apr 15 15:57:32 UTC 2013

User got upgraded to 6.4. Graphical mode video fails.

It's an AMD (nee ATI) RV620 (FirePro 2260).

So I finished upgrading everything, including kmod-fglrx. Based on the
xorg.conf's on there, it's been using the fglrx. Now, in Xorg.0.log, it
tells me "no supported AMD display adapters were found". I've been
on-and-off googling for hours, and can't figure out if the "legacy"
kmod-nvidia from elrepo will work: their info *ONLY* lists Radeon cards,
and I can't figure out what this damn thing is. Oh, lspci -v tells me it's
"ATI device 2343".

Anyone know what this card is like (AMD shows three different models of
the same name, and I have no idea which it is, and none uses a Radeon
name), and what driver I might use, or do I have to downgrade X....

       mark, extremely tired of his user's machine