[CentOS] Asterisk, IAXModem and Hylafax

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Apr 15 18:28:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, April 15, 2013 at 16:35:35 UTC, Tim Nelson tnelson at
rockbochs.com wrote:

> I've run into this quite often. Typically I just create a
> symlink to where the font data is, then rerun 'faxsetup'. Ex:
>
> ln -s /usr/share/ghostscript/8.70/lib /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts
>
> Then, all is well.
>
> Also, unrelated, ensure you disabled tokens in your Asterisk IAX
> config. Otherwise, iaxmodem will not register as it does not
> support tokens at this time.
>
> --Tim

Thank you.  After I wrote I checked in /etc/hylafax/hyla.conf and that
listed some of the directories where fonts are found in CentOS-6.3 and
many places where they are not. So I treated the error message from
faxsetup as spurious and proceeded on that basis.  I had already
encountered the difficulty with tokens and had set that to 'no' in the
fax device profiles.  (We are using the users and devices mode of
Asterisk rather than extensions.)

I can now register each of the two fax lines I have configured. Albeit
one at a time because I have only one spare POTS line to play with.
However, whenever I call in I only get the ss-noservice.ulaw
recording.  I assume that is specifically an asterisk question so I
will take to the Asterisk users list.

Thank you again for your help.

Canada  L8E 3C3