[CentOS] ATI video driver problems

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Mon Apr 15 21:24:44 UTC 2013

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:

>> "FirePro 2260" leads me to believe it's a 2000 series card. Having the
>> Vendor:Device ID pairing would help clarify, but looking at the pci id's
>> database I'm guessing it's either 1002:95ce or 1002:95cf.
>
> Not sure how to get that - lspci -vvv | grep 1002 gets me nothing.

google is your friend, and you don't have to go through many pages of
hits for that one:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Vendor%3ADevice+ID+pairing&l=1

>>> Also, it appears that you're saying I need to downgrade his X (all of
>>> it?), and remove the kmod-fglrx, and install the legacy (is that the
>>> kmod-fglrx93?
>>
>> You have a number of choices:
>>
>> 1. Use the v13.1 legacy driver from AMD and downgrade xorg\* to the last
>> release that came with RHEL 6.3 and exclude future updates. If you wish
>> to use the elrepo package it's called kmod-fglrx-legacy /
>> fglrx-legacy-x11-drv (currently version 13.1-2) and is currently in the
>> testing repo. Obviously downgrading xorg packages has potential security
>> implications.
>
> That's become a no-starter: I tried to downgrade, and yum tells me there
> *is* no downgrade. If I understand correctly... I'd have to downgrade him
> to 6.3.

no.
only xorg and friends as Ned told you... you *will* have to do some repo
configuring to do that, though. I'm sure google can help you there too.

that part of your email is probably irrelevant if you got it working
with the radeon driver, but for the record...