[CentOS] Regarding : ATI video driver problems

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at aol.com
Tue Apr 16 00:01:39 UTC 2013

I gather from the discussion on the reference thread that I'll be having
quite a time with a MB having an Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000 graphics
chip set and a video card using a Radeon HD 6570 chip set when I try to
run CentOS 6.4 on it.

I was going to ask if CrossFire works with CentOS, but it appears that
the integrated chip set isn't going to work at all.

Well, ignoring all that, is CrossFire supported by any of the drivers
available for CentOS 6.4?  If no then what about SLI support?  I don't
want to paint myself into a corner by building a computer that I'll
never get working to full potential.

Anyway, here's my wish list as it stands at the moment.

		Brand		Model_Num
Mother Board	GIGABYTE	GA-78LMT-USB3
Processor	AMD		FX-8150
CPU Cooler
Case		Cooler Master	HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1
Power Supply	Cooler Master	RS650-ACAAE3-US
Memory		CORSAIR		CMX32GX3M4A1333C9
DVD Burner	Lite-On		IHAS324-98
Hard Drive	Seagate		ST1000DM003
Video Card	GIGABYTE	GV-R657OC-1GI

Feel free to suggest changes that might make compatibility less of an
issue.  I chose the MB because it supports 32G of RAM and also has a
parallel port that I need to support my laser printer.  I suppose I
could use a parallel port interface card with another MB instead.

--
     _
    °v°