[CentOS] 4 monitors with one graphics card and standard driver

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Apr 16 19:47:40 UTC 2013

Dale Dellutri wrote:
> I've just test an ATI FirePro 2460 graphics card on CentOS 6.4.  It
> connects 4 monitors.
> It worked with the standard radeon driver.  I was able to arrange the
> monitors into my preferred configuration (as a square array, 1 upper
> left, 2 lower left, 3 lower right, 4 upper right) simply by clicking
> System -> Preferences -> Display, and then moving the
> four monitor images.  This creates the file ~/.config/monitors.xml .
<snip>
> I also tested two other cards: ATI FirePro 2450 and NVidia Quadro NVS 420.
> For each of these cards, the BIOS shows the card in slot 1 as a PCI
> Bridge.
> lspci reports two identical video cards at 03:00.0 and 04:00.0.
> Though it's easy to set up two screens properly, xinerama would probably
> be required in an xorg.conf to get all four screens working properly.

Would you mind sending me your xorg.conf offlist? I *may* have found
something in the one I've been handcrafting, but as my user is busy, I
won't be able to try it out for a while, and would love to see what you
did.

I'm still at the point of him having one monitor working fine, but the
other comes up, not mirrored, but unreachable by keyboard or mouse.
Looking at his old xorg.conf that worked with kmod-fglrx, and my own (an
NVidia card) I realized they only have one Screen sectiuon, and a viewport
on his (mine, of course, has twinview), so I've just edited his that way.

        mark