[CentOS] ECC memory errors

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 12:41:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> DIMM went bad. No big thing. Your only problem may be to identify which
> one, he says, about to go into work to do just that.

Thanks for your response and suggestions.

About identifying the faulty DIMM: Is the memtest provided on the CentOS5
installation disk best tool for this purpose? And do I need to switch ECC
off from BIOS while I test the memories?

The EDAC error msg reports problems with bank0. Can I trust this? I tried
installing edac-utils to get more information, but after installation it
only generates segmentation fault:

# edac-util --report=simple
Segmentation fault

# edac-util -s