[CentOS] Red Hat CEO: Go Ahead, Copy Our Software

Thu Aug 15 21:22:01 UTC 2013
Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. <eoconnor25 at gmail.com>

I have no problems with RedHat and have used CEntOS steadily for quite
some time now. Even though it's at home on my personal machines, I have
been aching for my company to adopt an open source alternative to the
five or six Windows 2008 servers that are currently in place...and I've
made progess! So MUCH progress that in another month I'm to have a
"sit-down" with the higher-ups from Accounting...IT...and "Corporate" to
determine if my suggestion warrants merit, and if so....how to go about
implementing it....when I finally do get my chance "on the mike" so to
speak?...I'll be recommending both Red Hat AND CEntOS.....as they're
basically the same thing...and the things I won't be able to
troubleshoot myself...I'll have the RedHat Tech Support handle. Either
way I see it as a win-win situation. The author might have flubbed a few
things...as others have stated, CEntOS...isn't a "parasite" to
RedHat....but more a "sibling". And RedHat really DOESN'T own any of the
source code it sells! but hey...everyone makes mistakes!......LoL! I
will say this: I have used Windows since the Win '95 era, and even
though they have come a long way, I have not enjoyed using my computers
as much as when I installed Linux, and not just CEntOS....but
Fedora...Ubuntu....openSuSE......Debian....etc. I wish there was a way
to "return' the favor to al lthe developers and contributors to the Open
Source movement....!

Cheers!

EGO II