[CentOS] surveillance DVR

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 1 13:47:31 UTC 2013

Hi, Shawn,

Shawn Stephens wrote:
> I use an appliance from Smartvue - the Smartvue S9.  They have a very
> small version - the S9i - now that has 128GB of SSD for ~$700 that will
> handle 10 cameras.
>
> http://smartvue.com/products/index.html
>
> I have been running the S9 version for a little over a year with only a
> few issues.  It's been very reliable and easy to use.  It actually runs
> Fedora under the hood!

Interesting - MSRP, $300, but that does not appear to include any cameras,
and if it only takes IP cameras, that's another $100 a pop, each.... Right
on the edge of the budget.

So, can you ssh into it, or rsync files, or even wget the files down for
long-term storage? Does it require IE to control?

      mark