[CentOS] howto avoid Samba

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Fri Aug 2 16:33:34 UTC 2013

Op 02-08-13 18:13, Les Mikesell schreef:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:37 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Nux! wrote:
>>> FTP? AFAIK one can add an FTP account as a "drive" in Windows.
>> Or he could just fix his configs so it actually works right.  There is
>> no issue with file sharing from a CentOS server to win7 desktops.
> Yes, samba should work fine - you've probably copied over some
> mismatching config.   But, if you just need an occasional file copy
> either way and can get by without disk mapping, winscp is easy for
> windows users and only needs ssh running on the linux side.

Hello Kevin and Les,

I have every confidence Samba will work on Centos6.
But as i mentioned, since only 2 windows users are involved, ....

It's more than than copying files. I will implement the
ftp-server-solution tonight.
And I will try to test the other suggestions as well.

As a sidenote: I'm running my biggest migration to Centos so far as I'm
typing this, I'm excited and hopeful
it will run ok.
I'm also sweating peanuts, not because I'm nervous ( I know Centos will
do the trick ) but because it's +35 ° in Belgium and I have no
air-conditioning.

greetings, J.