[CentOS] ghostscript-8.70-14.el5_8.1.x86_64 & hylafax+ 5.5.3

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.net
Sun Aug 4 21:28:55 UTC 2013

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 15:56:10 -0500
Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> I surely appreciate the maintainers of the repositories; can any of you
> direct me to whom maintains ghostscript on the repository or when 9.07
> is planned to be included.  I would also like to request that ghostpcl
> be included, but I am not certain who or how to ask.

Major version bumps in the "core" Centos packages are relatively uncommon,
barring major bugs and the like.  We may (or may not) see ghostscript 9.x in
Centos 7 when it is released but I would be somewhat surprised to see it in
Centos 6 and below.

If you really need the latest version you may be able to compile it yourself.
I do that with some of the software that I use on my Centos systems.

Frank,

Thanks for your reply.  I was afraid that might be the answer.  So far
it looks like a major problem with hylafax+.  I have very little
experience compiling my own versions, and my results have not resulting
in bragging rituals.  Looks like I have some things to learn.  Is there
a way to be able to compile the 9.07 in different directories so that I
do not destroy 8.70 or the libraries.

Greg