[CentOS] file system resizing with cloud-init on centos/redhat??

Gelen James

hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 17:11:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

Has any one used resizefs module with cloud-init on centos/redhat before? How to call it with #cloud-config user data, do I need to give it any parameters? I googled cloud-init, but it is pretty difficult to find a manual/book on this, and mostly they are Ubuntu based.

If possible, I'd like to use a same image/AMI to boot up instances(VMs) with different disk size setup, and let cloud-init to take care of increasing partition size,  and file system resizing. Is it possible for centos/redhat?

Any insights / suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.
Gelen