[CentOS] forcing linux kernel 3 to recognize cdrom as hdX

Oguz Yilmaz oguzyilmazlist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:33:59 UTC 2013

Actually I have tried lots of things. As far as I see, this is not as
simple as a symlink. Anaconda C application find CDROM according to some
info provided by kernel. Also, Anaconda stage1 has a very limited debug
option. I have possibilities to recompile kernel with some options or run
kickstart with some kernel arguments. My original problem can be found at
the following mailing list thread:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.kickstart.general/9616/match=%5D

--
Oguz YILMAZ