[CentOS] Motherboard and chipset compatibility

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 18:22:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Third (more general) question: My requirements are (I believe) modest:
> * 1U short-depth rackmount chassis OR Mini-ITX small-footprint chassis
> * Dual GbE network ports
> * Dual 1920x1200 monitor display
> * One SSD drive
> * 32-bit CentOS 6.4 compatible.

For the display configuration, do you need to run any
graphics-intensive software?  If not, I have seen some devices that
act as miniature broadcast devices. The monitors don't need to be
physically attached to the system unit. They do need some sort of
wireless access to the server though. They are useful for monitoring
stations, electronic signage, etc.., but not so good for fast updates
(i.e., no games, videos would probably be degraded).