[CentOS] convert webpage to image

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 14:20:03 UTC 2013

I wrote a few lines to do this, but it involves using firefox, and 'import' from ImageMagick.

The first script starts firefox in a virtual frame:

===
Xvfb :2 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
export DISPLAY=localhost:2.0

firefox http://ip.of.your.page/page.html &
===

Then the second script captures/crops what I want:

===
export DISPLAY=localhost:2.0
import -crop '1024x512+54+235' -window root /path/to/result.png
==

You'll have to adjust the crop values to what you want.