[CentOS] convert webpage to image

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com
Wed Aug 14 14:59:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com> wrote:

> What is the easiest way to convert a webpage into a jpg
> or png file?  I've seen several programs that can do
> various conversions, but nothing open source that can
> do it in a single conversion.
>
> Just wondering if anyone on the list has suggestions
> for something I can put into a script to convert a
> webpage into a file I can use with my screensaver.

This will do exactly what you want without resorting to hackery or using
external services.  It has a component to convert to both pdf or an image
and uses webkit.
    http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/

The binaries are standalone and require no special dependencies.  The
command line is sensitive to the order you place options, but otherwise it
works very well.

❧ Brian Mathis