[CentOS] Red Hat CEO: Go Ahead, Copy Our Software

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 22:28:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> are you really that dumb?
> "take the free version away" -> come on and explain how this works for GPL software

Exactly, explain where the GPL distinguishes between what restrictions
you can add to binaries vs source components.

> Redhat *does not* sell the software and code
> they sell the service and support contracts

So, what about redistribution of copies?

> why are you not simply use a operating system without code from Redhat and shut up?
> Windows and Apple OSX as example would free you from Redhat and CentOS
> come on, move forward if you are pissed of Redhat for no reason!

I could use debian, but then I'd have to learn to type apt-get instead
of rpm.   I'd prefer to continue using the commands that Red Hat
baited us with.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com