[CentOS] OT: laptop recommendations for CentOS6

carlopmart

carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:06:54 UTC 2013

Hi all,

  First of all, sorry for the OT. I need to buy a new laptop for my
work. My prerequisites are:

- RAM: 6/8 GiB (preferably 8 GiB)
- Processor: Core i7
- Disk: up to 500 GiB for SATA, 128 GiB for SSD.
- Graphics card: Intel HD (I really hate to use Nvidia or ATI Radeon
graphics cards).

  The most important tasks will be:

  - Surf the web :)
  - Read email
  - And the Most important task: I need to install complete virtual test
labs on it using KVM, Xen and VMware suites to run several different
types of OSes: RHEL, CentOS, OEL, Solaris-like, BSD, Windows 2012/2008
R2, etc.

Any suggestions?? My first choice will be Toshiba or Lenovo laptops and
of course it needs to be 100% compatible with CentOS6 (or almost at 95%).

Thanks.