[CentOS] OT: laptop recommendations for CentOS6

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Aug 17 15:11:06 UTC 2013

On 08/17/2013 05:14 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 08/17/2013 03:23 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>> On 08/17/2013 04:08 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>>> I recently bought Samsung NP350E5x-A04HR that is all Intel with with
>>> traditional Fn function (some manufacturers reverse the Fn action so you
>>> get F1-F12 WITH Fn, and play/pause/wireless/etc are used WITHOUT Fn key)
>>> with current problem that volume key goes haywire when pressed several
>>> times and freezes screen. Only thing that it failed to recognize is Card
>>> Reader, it looks like some bus is not recognized.
>> and how many VMs are you running on this machine exactly? 1?
>>
>> On my laptop it works nicely with more then 5 online linux machines.
>> try kvm and then VMWARE and then VIRTUALBOX and see what is the
>> supported OS and I assume XEN is a nice example of how it works on your
>> machine...
>>

> Is there are a reason why KVM, Xen , VMWARE and Virtualbox does not run
> on CentOS???
>
> * KVM works if CPU supports it.
>
> * Xen has it's on project on CentOS 6:
> http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2013/06/20/welcome-to-the-xen4centos6-project-first-release/
>
> * VMWare says it supports it:
> https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=software&testConfig=17&productid=17363&releaseid=217&supRel=217,&deviceCategory=software&operatingSystems=27&testConfigurations=17&osFamily=2&page=1&display_interval=10&sortColumn=Partner&sortOrder=Asc&testConfig=17
>
> * VirtualBox works
>

> I am personally not aware of such problem. Please enlighten me.

Indeed you are right about it and it should work but not every cpu do
the same with the same VM engine.
if you do have all of them running I am sure you can tell the "client"
or anyone in the world that it works.
Else.. you can just tell him it's supported by the "vendor" or the
product team\list etc in a case He will have some troubles running it.

Eliezer