[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:44:11 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> maybe you do not know who Joerg Schilling is
>
> he is the one person claiming he is the only one writing a
> working cd-burning software on earth and his fights against
> GPL and Linux are legend over the years
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/199061/
> http://slashdot.org/story/06/09/04/1335226/debian-kicks-jrg-schilling
> http://lwn.net/Articles/198171/

All I have to say about that is that I wish the GPL were not so
restrictive that it prohibits many potential best-of-breed
combinations of components.  But that was it's intent and it isn't
likely to ever change.   I'm just glad that people like Larry Wall
understood that early-on and used dual-licensing to make at least some
software usable in more situations.  .

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com