[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 21 16:09:10 UTC 2013

Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:

> So if you want your software to be used by the majority of Linux
> distros without license-related hiccups, you can always just re-license
> it to GPL and everyone will be happy.

You seem to be missinformed: When cdrtools have been 100% GPL, it was attacked
by Debian _because_ it was 100% GPL and because the GPL is a frequently
missinterpreted license.

...so I decided to choose a less problematic license than the GPL.

> software as you see fit, they equally have the right to not like your
> license and to boycott your software because of it.

Democracy is that the doers and this are software authors decide about the
license. Distros are just users of the software and have to accept the license
and as long as the license is doubtless OSS compliant, I see no reason why a
distro should complain.

Jörg