[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Aug 21 18:25:22 UTC 2013

On 8/21/2013 4:15 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Why do you believe this?
> Do you believe that centos delivers inconstsistent libraries?

if you replace the stuff thats under RPM package management with code
you self compile and simply copy, you break the package management
system.   an update might come along and not realize your code is in the
place of the original RPM supplied files and replace them.

btw, are /any/ CDDL components bundled with major linux distributions?
I know Sun Java was never bundled due to CDDL entanglement, instead we
have OpenJDK, which is GPL.