[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work... cdfs?

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Aug 21 19:47:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-21, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, that would work.  But then I'm pretty
> sure that I'd also need to compile (from source) all (or most) of the
> dependent apps (grip, k3b, gnome-cd, etc.) so that they would look to
> /usr/local/* for supporting libraries and utilities (Joerg's code).

Like I said, I don't use k3b and friends.  But from what I remember of
it from a while back, it was configured to explicitly call (e.g.)
/usr/bin/cdrecord, so it wasn't linked to cdrtools libraries directly.
If that is the case now, then you could configure k3b to use your
version of cdrecord instead, without needing to recompile (because in
theory the GUI should not depend on cdrtools libs).

It's worth investigating.  If k3b does indeed compile against cdrtools
libraries then you may be out of luck.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us