[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Aug 22 10:00:20 UTC 2013

Whee.  Here we go again.

There are properly built and packaged RPMs for Jorg's (sorry, android keyboard I'm using doesn't have the proper marking for the o there) cdrtools, for EL6.  I'm using them on a few installs where wodim just simply does the wrong thing and cdrtools does the right thing.

Those packages properly obsolete the wodim ones and install in the correct places with the correct dependencies; I want to say they're from the city-fan.org repo.  (I'm not on my EL6 laptop, but on my phone right now,so I can't easily check).

In my case, I rebuilt from the source RPM, and that worked well.

Once I'm back where I can check I'll verify the repo and provide a pointer (again; it is in the archives of this list.....).