[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Aug 22 10:19:45 UTC 2013

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/yum-repo/ is the city-fan.org repo master;  you will likely want to us the University of Seville mirror at http://nervion.us.es/city-fan/yum-repo/ .

Do note that installing these packages will replace what could be considered core portions of the system; you're on your own as far as support is concerned, in other words.

I did not check  if the version of cdrtools there is the absolute latest; it wasn't when I first found this repo, which is why I rebuilt from the source RPM (using the latest cdrtools upstream source and slightly modified city-fan spec file; city-fan updated not long afterwards, and this package has been recently updated, as recently as this month).

k3b and other tools can use this package just fine; while there are some neat features that k3b and other GUI frontends don't expose,  that's ok for most purposes.  You can add your own command line parameters in the k3b setup.

But the EL6 version of k3b is quite old at this point.

YMMV, you break it you keep the pieces, etc.