[CentOS] USB Audio sound card

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Fri Aug 23 02:03:08 UTC 2013

On Aug 22, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com> wrote:

> A quick search of the web says that yes,
> these devices will work under CentOS and show up as /dev/dspX devices. So, do
> devices like these:

I apologize.  I should have said here "A quick search of the web (and the NewEgg
comments) indicates that these devices generally work under *Linux*, but do they
work in CentOS 6?

[I have found in the past that "Works in Ubuntu YY.MM", "Works in Fedora N", do
not always imply "Works in CentOS/RHEL" ; the driver support in CentOS/RHEL
is sometimes more spartan than the cutting-edge distros. Of course, most of my
experience is with CentOS 5; I only recently moved forward to CentOS 6 after
extensive testing. What can I say? I'm as "cutting edge" as a dull butter knife.]

> SYBA SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186035
> Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Amigo II USB Interface Sound Card & Headset Adapter
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118008
> StarTech ICUSBAUDIO USB to Stereo Audio Adapter Converter
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128002

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory