[CentOS] Is X79 Motherboard supported by latest "Centos 5.9" version?

Jay Leafey jay.leafey at mindless.com
Sun Aug 25 17:30:59 UTC 2013

On 08/25/2013 11:13 AM, Steve Brooks wrote:

> [2] I am still confused how given the kernel reports as being
>
>       2.6.18-348.12.1.el5 #1 SMP
>
>       and not a PAE kernel.. Why am I seeing
>
>        MemTotal:      3574676 kB
>

> Steve

As I recall, as of EL6 they no longer ship separate SMP and/or PAE
kernels for i386.  They're all SMP- and PAE-enabled out-of-the-box.

I just looked in http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6/os/i386/Packages/
and there is ONLY one kernel package provided.  There are kernel-debug,
-header, -firmware, -devel and -doc packages, but no -SMP or -PAE packages.

I believe it stated as much in the EL6 release notes, at least for the
initial release.  But I've slept since then...
Jay Leafey - jay.leafey at mindless.com
Memphis, TN