[CentOS] Found duplicate PV

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Wed Dec 4 14:08:41 UTC 2013

On 04.12.2013 13:43, Markus Falb wrote:

> What does this "Found duplicate PV b79x0kLXR9mAC0z0IZUxyJG1VC24Crl7:
> using /dev/sda2 not /dev/md1" message?
> Some logical volumes are virtual disks vor kvm guests. Are these
> guests using sda only and not the mdraid?

Markus,

I see /etc/lvm/lvm.conf has an option to ignore md members and seems on
by default in EL6:
md_component_detection = 1

If you run "pvdisplay /dev/sda2" what does it show? Normally you should
get a "Failed to read physical volume "/dev/sda2".

Do you have such thing in your /etc/lvm/lvm.conf? ADditionally you can
force a filter on the drives, smth like:
filter = ["r|/dev/sda2"]
(make sure you delete /etc/lvm/cache/.cache and regenerate it with
vgscan so as not to contain old stuff)

Nux!
www.nux.ro