[CentOS] died again

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Dec 5 20:02:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> He has a 3.2 Ghz CPU which is much more then this 3800 but the only
> thing that the 3800+ is good is that it has 2 cores but still same low
> share ram ( I had one of these in the past).

I'm considering the beast listed here, especially if my current beast dies:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883250296&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-83-250-296-_-Product
I note that it has an Intel Core 2 Duo and 2G of RAM.
It has those in common with a lot of cheap PC's I've seen.
Are there gotchas here that I should know about?
I'm already aware that Core 2 is on Intel's discontiued list.
My current beast has Pentium 4 with 4G of RAM.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods