[CentOS] ADMIN issue - manitu

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Thu Dec 5 23:29:00 UTC 2013

On 05.12.2013 20:15, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Nux! wrote:
>> On 05.12.2013 18:19, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>>> Actually, Manitu, also known as NIXSpam, is quite a good list. I've
>>> been using only this one and Spamhaus for years. Very good FP:Spam
>>> ratio.
>>
>> RBLs should at most be used in Spamassassin to increase the score,
>> otherwise you risk losing legit email!
>>
>> And it does suck to be on them, way too many people run way too many
>> lists. I still have a /21 listed in SORBS because once upon a time it
>> used to be part of an ISP's /18 dynamic range. Obviously I can't use
>> those IPs for customers (hosting) since their emails will almost
>> always
>> get marked. Sorbs' support does not exist, of course. Thank fsck that
>> was not our only range, we would've gone bankrupt.
>>
> Hey, Nux!
>
> I notice that those attacking me have walked around your comments
> without
> addressing them.
>
> And then, as I think of it, I wonder just how big the false positive
> is
> for NIXSpam....
>
>        mark

Different people, different opinions, different point of views. For
some it's a blessing, for some it's a bloody curse.
I'd break the legs of that Sorbs person, but someone else might choose
to kiss them instead, what can you do. We're ready to go to war for a
frickin RBL. :-)

For what it's worth, I'm FOR ditching any RBLs except maybe Spamhaus
and Spamcop who are very quick to delist addresses.
I'd also go at the list admin and ask to have your email address
whitelisted.

If you still get nowhere with this I can help you host your email, just
let me know.

Nux!
www.nux.ro