[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 VirtualBox

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Fri Dec 6 08:18:30 UTC 2013

On 06/12/13 04:15, Anthony K wrote:
> On 06/12/13 01:08, Toralf Lund wrote:
>> OK. So it's my system.
>>
>> - Toralf
>>
> Not necessarily!  I wouldn't worry too much about VirtualBox 4.3 - it is
> terribly hosed; I suggest you downgrade back to 4.2.20 which,
Problem is, I also tried a couple of different releases of 4.2.20, with
the same result...

>   like
> Giles, I've been using without any adverse effects for a while.  I too
> run a headless server but make use of VRDE where I need to access a
> Windows host!

Maybe headless works, and the normal GUI startup doesn't? Actually, I
VBoxHeadless does seem to start, but I'm not quite sure how to verify
that it works the way it should.

(

    [toralf at osl-71465 ~]$ VirtualBox -startvm Win7partition
    Segmentation fault
    [toralf at osl-71465 ~]$  VirtualBox
    Segmentation fault
    [toralf at osl-71465 ~]$ VBoxHeadless -startvm Win7partition
    Oracle VM VirtualBox Headless Interface 4.3.4
    (C) 2008-2013 Oracle Corporation
    All rights reserved.

)

- Toralf